1. The Peer Review Results
- Mission has shown some uniqueness compare to other business school. However if the School does not have student profile then the new student would probably the same with other business school and will not be in line with The School mission.
- Some of the subject in the curriculum has shown specific topic that relate with The School mission. But by having discussion with the Stakeholder, The School could develop the uniqueness of its curriculum.
- Teaching method could be the same with other business school but the content, for example the industry of base study, should be in line with the School’ uniqueness.
- Uniqueness of The School could also come from the topic of research from faculty member or student.
Involvement of stakeholders from different walks of education can be considered including NGOs.
With these reviews combined, we conclude our evaluation as follows.
“The Program’s educational and research activities generally satisfy accreditation standards. The Program’s Quality Improvement plans are good and quality maintenance and prospects for the improvement of education and research are promising.”
2. The Period of Quality Assurance
Accreditation commences from April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2021 for a five-year period.
3. Good Practices in Management Education
The uniqueness of SB-IPB program lies on the graduates and the focus of the program. The graduates are expected to become responsible leaders who are entrepreneurial in spirit, sustainability in focus and global in orientation. Responsible leaders is meant that graduates will be able to make decisions spirited by moral and ethical values that are not only benefiting the shareholders but also taking into account the interest of the other stakeholders such as workers, clients, suppliers, the environment, and even the community and the next generation. Graduates should be able to balance the interests of those different stakeholders by thinking entrepreneurial (creative and innovative) and assuring the sustainability of the business or institution within the dynamic globalized environments. The second uniqueness is the program focus that has been maintained from the early history of the School’s establishment. The School was started as Master of Management in Agribusiness program in 1991. The term agribusiness is defined not only limited to on-farm aspect of agriculture but basically ’’from farm to table” businesses which covers up-stream businesses such as agriculture machinery, fertilizer and seed industries to down-stream businesses such as agricultural processors and agricultural services such as trade. The term agriculture itself in the vision of IPB is broadened into agriculture, marine and biosiciences. All of these different terms are then packaged by SB-IPB as natural and biosciences based industries. It is considered a uniqueness because natural and biosciences industries require unique management approach due to its specific characteristics such as high risk nature compared to other industries. By mastering management in this industry, however, the graduates may be expected to implement their knowledge and handle other less complicated industries easier.
“Management Education in Agribusiness”
The School is very unique (agribusiness management), different from the other Master of Management programs in Indonesia which mostly focus on general management.
Inviting the prominent agribusiness practitioners as guest lecturers makes this School unique and enhances the excellence of its master of management in agribusiness program.
4. Matters to be noted
There are 5 points to be noted:
- Student profile.
- Uniqueness in curriculum
- Uniqueness in learning process
The most important matter is the diversity of students and faculty.