1. Accreditation Comprehensive Review
“ABEST21 certifies that the School’s educational and research activities generally satisfy accreditation standards. The School’s Kaizen plans are good and quality maintenance and prospects for the improvement of education and research are promising and good. Accreditation commences April 1, 2021 for a five-year period.”
PRT Comprehensive Comments:
The School’s mission is well stated and aligned with the University’s mission. Nevertheless, the School needs to develop strategic plan to promote the participation of a broader group of stakeholders in the School’s quality improvement. The School must also develop the PDCA system to handle the issues of improving quality of education and research, involving the Quality Assurance Unit, the School’s staff, and the C2S Unit. The submitted SCR addressed the standards, the School’s current situation and limitations, and the proposed future actions. However, the School needs to provide the evidence or documents to support its conclusions. The evidence will also enhance the clarity and comprehensiveness of the SCR and the identified improvement issues. In addition, the SCR should follow the format provided by ABEST21, including tables, number of pages, etc.
2. Good Practice in the Program Management Education
“Internalizing Islamic Values in Management Education through Integrated Learning”
The aim of the program is “to create Islamic management professionals through integrated learning.” The curriculum was designed to facilitate integrated learning based on 5 Islamic values of the faculty of economics (accountability, cooperation, fairness, leadership, and innovative) and the School’s professional management (business knowledge, global world view, digital intelligence).
3. Matters to be noted
- The disruptive strategy to cope with the School’s educational and research quality assurance and continuous quality improvement is crucial in a dynamic educational environment. Lean and agile organization is needed for the better outcomes.
- Education and Empowerment of faculty and administrative staff are also important in the digital era.
- As the School is highly dependent on internal funding (tuition fee), maintaining students’ numbers is crucial for its financial sustainability.